Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My name is no one, your long lost son

-So far, I don't regret deleting my Facebook at all. Since the last post, I've hung out with Steve, Joe, Emily, and Maggie. I might see Christina and Hayden tonight and Mike Swipes tomorrow. I've talked to two of my Highlander friends, Sarah and Nate on AIM, have emailed a bunch of people (all late; sorry, I'm terrible at replying to emails), and have even wrote a letter to my old friend Katie (she wrote back on funky cool stationary. it was nice). It's definitely nice to actually talk to people.

-I really like Green Day's latest album, "21st Century Breakdown". Steve burned it for me, and it's pretty good. Definitely better than "Nimrod" and "Insomniac". Hovering around "American Idiot". I listened to the first few songs from Gavin DeGraw's "Free", and so far it's a step back from his last two albums. But maybe the rest of the songs will be better.

-I finished the book "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller. I really, really liked it. I loaned it to Lianna and I'll be loaning it to more people when I get it back. If you're a Christian or if Christians annoy you or if you're not too sure about God or if you have nothing better to do, you should probably read it.

-After about a year of searching, I found the video game "Fire Emblem" for Game Boy Advance. It was my favorite GBA game as a kid. Emily loaned me her GBA and I'm already 16 chapters in. I've been playing it a lot. I'm going to start limiting myself so I don't waste all my time playing it. But it sure is fun.

-Go to Mighty Taco and try the new 3-cheese-steak burrito if you haven't already. It'll wreck your bowels, but it's yummy.

-Yesterday was Donald Duck's 75th birthday. Donald is probably my favorite Disney character (even though Looney Tunes are better!) and I think most people like him to some extent. A guy who used to go to my church, Ray Noell, can do an excellent Donald voice. He used to do it for me when I was a kid. He's really cool, and so is Donald. Happy birthday Donald.

-I have neglected God hardcore this past week. I've read the Bible less, prayed a LOT less, and gave in to temptation more. I'll be trying to get my act together. Last night Joe Paul and I got together and talked about God for a couple hours. After talking to him and some of my other friends, it seems there's a sort of spiritual flu or something going around, meaning a lot of people are struggling in their relationship with God (I don't think there's such a thing as a spiritual flu). I know I have to get better about my relationship with God, and I'll be trying to do that.

-I'm starting to like the show "Grey's Anatomy" more. It's one of Emily's favorite shows and we've recently been watching the episodes in order (she has them on DVD). We're on season 2 now. I found out that apparently, "Grey's Anatomy" is more geared toward girls, but whatever. I still think it's pretty cool. Not a fan of all the blood and guts, but it doesn't bother me too much.

-I had a great and much-needed conversation with Emily this week. You know how I've been discontent lately? And how I've been trying to change myself and be a better person? I think they're connected. Emily says I shouldn't try to fix EVERYTHING about myself, because that's not really possible and if I totally change, I won't be the same Dan that everyone knows. I'm sure me not being me holds some appeal to some of you, but I'd like to still be me for now. So now I'm going to step back and look at what I really should change (because there are some legitimate things I should improve on) and what I should be content with and embrace as a part of who I am.

-I've had a lot of ice cream this week. I went to Anderson's twice and also had ice cream from Wegmans and Friendly's. Pretty soon, I'll probably hate ice cream. But right now, it's still good. My favorite flavors are raspberry and chocolate chip cookie dough.

No comments: